04 June 2010

Hey! You Get to Eat Some Hay! Yay!

The kittens were let loose in the livingroom today after they received their second vaccinations and feline leukemia vaccination.  You would think they'd be sleeping the horror off instead of chasing each other and doing flips in the air.  P2 is the bravest little kitten in the world, and walks right up to the big cats and kisses their noses.  The Bear is thoroughly pissed off at them, and I think it is more that he can finally pass the shit down.  Mattress is being so gentle and inquisitive (somehow he hasn't realized yet that those kittens would make a lovely sausage dinner, and would fit in his mouth in one gulp).  Whoopis just wants to growl at them and keep his distance.  They have finally gone in to little kitten comas next to each other on the red couch.  We took lots of pics (I will post some tomorrow). 

In other great pet news, we were just given the greenlight this evening to go ahead and start feeding ET!  I gave him some hay and a bit of lettuce.  I should have taken a little film of him eating.  Usually he paces himself and takes dainty bites, but after a month of no food, he opened his mouth as high as possible and just chomped and chomped and chomped.  He didn't even pause to see if there was any food in his mouth.  He ate all the lettuce and some of his hay, and is now sleeping off his indulgences.

_____________________________________

Two days with Twit have left me with a stomach ache and shorter teeth from all that grinding of my jaw.  It has been a long time since I actually fantasized about beating someone up to the point where I had to keep my distance in case my fist felt the need to plow its way in to a nose.  Right now she's trying to play the system and use her remaining FMLA time to go to school.  I was a total bitch and visited my friends in HR to give them the heads up on her shenanigans.  I may hate being in her presence, but I'll be damned if I have to keep doing her work while she does her own personal shit.

My favorite exchange from yesterday after I checked the mail, and realized that she did not check it the whole week I was out of the office:

Grumples: Were you out more than you expected when I was on vacation?
Twit: No, why?
Grumples: Because it appears that the mail was never checked.
Twit: Oh, I totally forgot.  You know how it takes a while to get back in to a routine.  I'll make sure to make a reminder note for myself.
Grumples: You do that.

She did not check the mail today, and as I was leaving for the day, I bid her good day and sweetly suggested that she not forget the mail.  Isn't it amazing how petty I am?  I mean, it is mail!  It is mail that I want to shove down her twiggy throat.  Then I'd yank off her ratty hair and shove that down after the mail.  That would plug her up real good.  Real good.

No comments: