06 June 2010

Permanent Solution to No Kids in My Womb

After last week's nonstop fun with Ivy Vyne, I felt it was very important to do nothing as much as possible this weekend.  I feel I have successfully completed that mission.  Okay, I really did do a lot in making the kittens think I am the most wonderful human they have ever had the pleasure to meet, and the couch and my ass renewed their vows of ever-loving devotion to each other. 

Actually, it has been a long day spent by myself.  The Boy works Sunday mornings, and last night he picked up a last-minute job to sing at some Star Wars thing today.  Don't even ask me what it is about, because I don't ask questions on that sort of thing.  I know he was really excited to do it, and that he wasn't getting paid for it--it's all about the connections, like Facebook!  I even had to go look up the show to get a guesstimate on what time he'd be home, since he didn't say (so excited, what details?).  Seems the last show started at 7pm, and it is 90 minutes long.  My guess is there is some kind of party with the cast and crew afterward since it is a quarter to 10pm.  Good for him.  That just means the kittens bond grows stronger with me.  Brahahaha.

My little P2 definitely has a cold, and today he started wheezing and sneezing (the sound of which is a squirt bottle shooting water, which is funny because it makes the big cats scared).  He's not as active as his brother due to his runny nose, and I'm hoping the vet will write us a script tomorrow when she is here to give The Bear some crazy ass test (notice the lack of hyphen, it is not a crazy-ass test, it is a crazy ass test where she will test his ass for what ever is making him poo bloody stools--this should teach everyone the importance of the hyphen).

ET hasn't pooed in a few days, and he doesn't really want to eat hay because he is a spoiled little tortoise who only wants to eat tasty field greens and romaine lettuce.  I tried to make lettuce wraps today with hay.  He was not fooled at all.  Damn him.  I am told that I must treat him like a goat.  I must get him grazing.  If anyone has any suggestions beyond don't feed him greens and he'll come around to the hay in time, I would appreciate it.

Tomorrow is a bit of an exciting day that I am also dreading.  I'm going to see a new doctor to discuss an annoying growth that I have nicknamed my third nipple in the wrong erogenous zone.  It's a little unwieldly I know.  I usually don't use its name, and rather just groan at it.  I've had it looked at before and was told it is just a harmless growth.  Don't ask me how this doctor knew that, because its not like a biopsy was taken.  She looked at it for maybe two seconds and touched it, and then proclaimed it benign.  It probably is, but dammit, it is uncomfortable and I want someone to take it seriously.  My therapist referred me to this doctor, so I have high hopes.  That is the dreaded part because there is nothing I really hate more than laying naked under a paper blanket with my legs in stirrups and someone making small talk at my vagina.  Grrrr.  The part I'm excited for is I am finally going to ask a healthcare professional to sterilize me.  No more of this hormone bullshit.  Just ligate them and be done with it.  If they say no, I am going to raise one hell of a stink.  Yet, I feel pretty confident since I am in my mid-30s, and would be late to the baby-making game if I started now.  So I'm a little knotted up about how it will all go, plus trying to decide if I will make up the two hours of missed work or submit it as sick time.  Oh my woes.

Please think happy thoughts for the green light to snip-snip my Fallopian tubes.  If we are going to Michigan in July to see the twins, then I will probably push it to mid to late August since Frijole is visiting the first week, and Guamaniac is having a dancy-drunken boat birthday party around then as well.  Obviously I need to schedule my voluntary sterilization around my social life.  Gah. 

No comments: