24 June 2010

Take Your Tortoise to Work Day

Happy birthday, Wikus!  We ate Italian (two years in a row!  A new tradition is born) and came home and watched Doctor Who and the brand-new Futurama.  A nice quiet night for us old people.  I've been up since 4:45am, and I must go to bed after I tell you the good news.  Elliott has gotten a pretty much clean bill of health from the vet--we didn't even make an appointment to go back.  I'm just supposed to call in a few weeks and give a verbal update.  The vet told me that it is operation Fatten up Sir Stinksalot.  Must get him big and growing.  I was advised to give him more "orange" foods but not oranges: squash, carrots, mangos, etc.  I peeled some carrots for him tonight, but I don't think he ate any.  He crawled in to his shanty and went to sleep.  I also took the kittens in for their rabies and vaccination shots, and they have both gained 2lbs in three weeks!  So I'm not having any problems making them fat.  Their vet estimates that they are actually older than 12 weeks and are probably 15 weeks, and that they were just very tiny babies who will probably grow up to be fat cats.  They also think P1 is younger by 7-10 days.  Same litter, just different fertilization date.  So they might have two different fathers.  Those crazy cats and their breeding ways.

Goodnight!

No comments: