23 June 2010

Lessons in Toilet Safety

Wednesday-morning advice: Avoid at all costs spraying Paul Mitchell's Soft Spray Gel directly in to your eyes.  Watching cute kittens play is not a valid excuse for such dumb-assery. 

While quietly buttoning up my trouser jeans (this always seems harder than it should be) in the bathroom stall, two chatty women came in and entered the other stalls while smoothly carrying on their conversation.  I have no idea if they knew I was in there or not, because they just kept talking while during their business.  It was quite awkward for me.  Chatty Lady 1 (CL1) was miffed that her toilet seat moved when she sat on it.  CL2 commiserated and opined that a safety suggestion should be made regarding unattached toilet seats.  This made me pause in my buttoning for I have never ever had a problem with these toilet seats.  They stay put when I sit on them.  There's no slipping and sliding involved at all.  My toilet seat at home causes me more problems than anything here at work.  And really?  A safety suggestion!  Now, I did not see these ladies at any point (they were still gabbing away when I washed and dried my hands and made a speedy exit), but my guess is that they must not be sitting down correctly.  Maybe a bit too heavily?  Not using their knees?  Perhaps lessons in toilet safety need to be created?  A manual, at least, to be hung next to each toilet.  I have so many ideas on how to save people from falling of the toilet.

It's The Boy's last night home for a few days, so must go snuggle with him and watch some Homicide.  Tomorrow is going to be one hell of a long day, but it will be Wikus' birthday so I won't be able to complain too much.  I have to get up at 4:45am to get The Boy to the airport on time, and I'm taking ET with me since he has a vet appointment at 8:00am.  Thus, it is Bring Your Pet Tortoise to Work Day tomorrow.  That should be nice and fun.  Maybe I'll let him eat grass by the creek for lunch.

No comments: