01 June 2010

The Fun That Was Not Able To Kill Us

Did you little chickens think I had forgotten all of you?  So not true!  I have been playing non-stop with Ivy Vyne and kittens.  Yes, kittens in the plural.  I have officially become the crazy cat lady with my five cats.  I have vowed to not buy any clothes (or shoes) for a very long time to make sure we have enough money in case all six pets have a medical problem at the same time.  Or just off myself so I don't have to deal with such a tragedy.

Since I was unable to blog every day during my vacation, it is kind of tedious for me to recap now.  You guys know how lazy I am, so really, I don't know why you are acting so surprised.  Therefore, I'll hit some of the highlights.


Thursday
Airport cop: You know that parking in the crosswalk is a ticketable offense.
Grumples: Uh, sorry about that, but I'm only stopping for two seconds. (As friend is already throwing her stuff in the back of the car.)
Airport cop: I could give you a ticket right now!
Grumples: I promise to never do it again.
Airport cop: You better remember that!

We obtained a fish taco by accident during breakfast.  We could not find any takers for it.  We kept meaning to find a homeless person who wanted a fish taco, but kept forgetting to bring it along with us.  Now it lives in the fridge.  I may move him to the freezer to join meat baby.  We'll see.


Stranger in truck at Mt. Bonnell, 10pm: Did you remove all of your valuables?

The Boy: What's that? (Taken by surprise that someone is sitting in the driver's seat of a parked truck in the dark.)

SITAMtB: There's a lot of crime here.  Make sure your doors are locked so people can't steal your valuables.
The Boy: Okay, thank you.
Grumples to The Boy (whispering): Is he planning on taking our valuables and just wanted to give himself a bigger challenge by having us remove them?


Friday
Tubing on the Comal as suggested by a co-worker's daughter.  Obviously this kid hates me and my friend because we literally almost died.  Let's just say I have a new understanding of how very strong swimmers can die by undertow.  Seriously.  We are both quite lucky to be alive.  Oh, and we did have fun once we got past the harrowing experience and ignored all the crazy overly tanned and very drunk college kids. 


We were also made to walk around in our bikinis from the parking lot to the tube-rental place.  As women in our mid-30s, we were pretty okay with it, but it wasn't exactly ideal.  Two hotties walking down the street really causes traffic problems, and New Braunfels needs to be more concerned about its citizens.  Ivy Vyne got the fun of experiencing of dealing with the public and their reaction to my tattoos.  It was a bit tiring, but  having her around made it funnier, since I wasn't having to curse to myself in silence.


Made a stupid mistake later that night (I blame the near-death experience) in trying to meet up with my Bufallohead best friend from high school.  Went to the wrong bar and stamped around in frustration awhile.  Then I brutally berated myself for making the mistake.  All ended well with a late-night dinner at Star Seeds where all three of  us had a grilled cheese on wheat with french fries.  That's how we roll...in threes.


Saturday
Zoo!  Zoos are a sad place generally, and it's not that Austin's doesn't have that same vibe of animals being locked in small cages and out of their natural habitat, but the thing is, this is a rescue zoo.  All these animals have been taken from a way worse life (like all those cute monkeys subjected to scientific experiments and the circus animals).  We had the best time out there.  Of course we were full of pancakes, and anything would have pleased us. 


A goat tried to eat IV's shirt, and a goose bit me.  This did not dampen the good times at all.  Even if that goose actually bit me twice and left a bruise.


















Okay, that is all I can do for now.  I have been a fucking snot faucet all day long, and at one point had Allegra, Zyrtec and Benadryl in my body.  I have an all-day training class tomorrow--one last Twit-less day.  Sigh.


More recapping the weekend tomorrow.  There is even way more excitement to come.  I swear.  For now, you'll just have to wait to get the details on the kitties, and pictures.  That is going to be very tough, I understand, but that is just the way it has to be.

No comments: