22 July 2010

A Day Without The Protected-Left Arrow

Post-up news: I look great and the pants were to make me feel more comfortable, and I should have been advised that they would be taken off in the OR.  I advised that no one likes waking up without their pants.  It is disconcerting.  She agreed. 

Today I was weighed twice, and there was a 2lbs difference between this morning and this afternoon.  All I did was drink 16oz of Coke.  What gives?  Also my blood pressure went from 124/86 to 100/68.  My blood glucose is 23--take that Whoopis.  Poor fellow.  We're going to get the vet out to check his levels.  I'm willing to bet they are over 200.  Anyway, fun health fair in the morning and post-up in the afternoon.  I did a smidge of work in-between.

I was totally in freak-out mode this morning because the bastard who decided to illegally park behind me barely gave me any room to maneuver my way out of the space.  This makes me so fucking mad.  It took me forever to get out of that fucker.  If I had a crappy car, I would just back it straight in to these assholes.  Then I was stuck at a very busy intersection where the lights had a space for the protected-left turn, and whomever is in charge of these things decided to not use it.  So it was one car per light cycle, and that was only if someone moved in to the intersection and took the left when the light turned yellow. For some reason, there are a lot of people in Austin who refuse to move out in to the intersection.  I HATE THAT.

After all the stress of running around today, an amazing thing happened.  A wonderful thing that will require a sacrifice on my part.  One that will require me to be nice, very nice for the next few months.  I decided to return to work after my doctor's appointment just so I wouldn't have to work nine hours tomorrow.  It was an amazingly good choice on my part.  Ex-cop was hanging about (otherwise the office was empty), and he mentioned that he had heard that I've been having trouble with my parking space.  Jebus, who has been talking about me to him, much less my parking issues?  Weird.  Since I do like a good grouse, I detailed my experiences with these jackmotherfucks parking behind me.  Then.  It happened.  There was insistence, too.  He made me trade parking spaces with him.  He felt that he had more options to handle these nucknutters (a new word!) than I did.  What's he going to do?  Wield his mighty Ex-cop sword?  I do hope I can be around for that.  Just watch, no one will even park behind me, and he'll start talking to people about how insane I am.  Or he already does that.  I don't know.  I tend not to inquire about these sort of things.
A new parking space.  A pretty healthy body.  A derma-scan that revealed that I am a total freckle face under the top layers of my skin.  Two bad patches that I already knew were forming, but otherwise I was declared to have the most amazingly healthy skin for a 35-year-old woman.  So, yeah, I rock.
Question for the day:

1 comment:

RFS said...

If your blood glucose was 23, you'd be unconscious. I'm sure that was a typo... did you mean 73? 83?

:-)

What with Ex-Cop being so nice to you?

Today, I'm going to find a way to use nucknutters in a sentence. Possibly jackmotherfucks, too, because it is also quite awesome.