02 July 2010

Hungry, Hungry George

Words of advice: Sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office for an hour in soaking wet skinny jeans, is not as fun as it might sound.  Same goes for soggy socks and sneakers.  It made me testy and fidgety.  Whomever sat in that chair after me had an unpleasant surprise--free wet asses given out here at this waiting-room chair.  I managed to not scream at the unattended two-year-old girl shrieking around the room, and I didn't get too snotty with the MA when I was finally collected to go to the back and sit for some time more in the examination room.  I was almost friendly.  Drugs work!

Considering the horrific downpour I got caught in on the way to my doctor's appointment (first got drenched getting to my car even with my seahorse slicker protecting me, then the streets were literally flooding and SUVs threatened to drown me in their wakes), it's a bit surprising I made it there alive.  However, that I did and my pre-op is over and my spaying is a go for one week from today.  I gave over a lot of pee and two vials of my blood.  In my wet clothes, I weighed 5lbs more than normally (I blame you, George) and my blood pressure was stellar at 115/60.  Take that all you people who think I consume way too much salt.  Ha!

I ate 4 cookies today: 3 chocolate chip and 1 oatmeal.  I do feel slightly guilty but not when I was eating them.  This is what happens when people retire--the food gets left at my desk (I cannot answer why that is).  Therefore I've been plagued with cookies, doughnuts and cake.  Threw out the doughnuts and cake yesterday, but still had to contend with those cookies.

Since I have personal and professional homework this weekend, I need to go to bed now.  First I will read though.  And if I stay up until 3am reading, I will still count that as going to bed at 10pm. 

No comments: