04 July 2010

A Family Friendly Fourth

Does anyone else find it funny when you get an event invite on FB from a person who lives 1500 miles away?  At first I feel flattered, like, ah, they really wish I was at their party and this is their way of telling me they miss me and love me and would like to have me in their pocket at all times and forever.  Then I go look at the guest list and notice how many people are invited, and it begins to dawn on me that the number looks awfully close to how many friends this person has on FB.  Since I always have to make sure I am right in my assumptions, I will go ahead and look at that person's friend count, and dammit if I am not right.

So, how am I supposed to feel about being mass invited to something 1500 miles away?

I'm doing laundry and cleaning out the shitboxes (in that order), and this is what I think about when I am doing mundane chores.
_________________________________________________

Meet my new lover.


This year, instead of showing my big white ass in the name of freedom, I kept it family friendly with this cute little lady.  I am so lucky to have so many friends with dogs.  Now if only I could figure out how to steal one for the day, and act like one of those rich bitches with a dog in her purse.  Hmmm, besides the general no-no to absconding with a friend's dog, there's a large flaw in this fantasy: I don't own a purse (I don't care how hard the Amazon tries, I will not buy a purse).  Might need to rethink this.

The fifth of July is the day to celebrate.  No work!  However, I must do some work and create a PowerPoint presentation that I am to give at 8am Tuesday morning.  It'll be a bit embarrassing to show up and admit all I did on the all-holy red-white-and-blue July 5th, was laze on the couch and think really hard about Nutty Bars and how I do not have any.  Or that I went to the grocery store and sobbed a bit in front of the frozen pies.  Maybe the best thing to do would be to go to the PO and finally mail Meggles her birthday gift--for that birthday that happened at the end of Ap-cough-cough.  Is the USPS even working tomorrow?  Or did they take off, those recalcitrant bastards? 















No comments: