13 July 2010

Kittens Eat Wii Wire, Not Killed By Human

A friend of mine (FB bringing strangers together since 2004) kindly mailed some music to me (how terribly old-skool of him; oh, wait, he at least sent music files).  There's a lot to wade through, which is fine since I have a lot of time to dick around listening to music.  Since I am working from home on a truly frustrating PowerPoint project (it is aimed at executives so I am trying to go the McDonald's cash register route), I'm keeping that chatty part of my brain busy by listening to the music he sent.  However, I keep only partially paying attention, and end up hearing things like, "...beating like a Hamburglar..."  I am pretty sure that is not what Metric wrote.  Though, I feel inspired to put a Hamburglar on my PP.  Look at that Hamburglar stealing FTEs!  It makes FTEs so much more fun to write about when they are being stolen by a red-gloved, masked man in an old-timey jail costume with a burger tie.  Seriously.  I think it would totally get my point across to them.
_____________________________________________________________



Grumples: Did you get a fancy alarm clock?
Wikus: No, I got the cheapest one they had, $7.99.
Wikus: It was also the smallest one they had, though still a bit bigger than my old one.
Wikus: Don't understand why so many alarm clocks are so flipping big.
Grumples: For blind people.
Wikus: Who can't see them anyway?
Grumples: Okay.
Grumples: Myopic people.
Wikus: Eh, whatever.  I just needed something small and cheap to make an obnoxious noise when it's time for me to start my obnoxious day.

That is going to be my sentiment tomorrow when I have to get up and go to work.  Though, I'm sure my day will  not be nearly as obnoxious as Wikus'.  He might not have a Twit in the office with him, but his job is definitely crappy, and he deserves our deepest sympathies.  And some encouragement to start the harrowing process of finding a new job.  Time and energy are in short supply around here.  Especially the energy. 

1 comment:

glady said...

So...did a kitten chew through a Wii wire?