18 November 2009

A Day of Hallelujah & A Bit of Worry

On Monday's episode of House, I swear a scene has Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions playing in the background. I'm watching House for a bit of relaxation and background noise for futzing around on the laptop.

However, the holiday commercials are seriously paining me.

Tonight I spent a bit over 3 hours in the garage. It is getting cold here in Texas--or what I think of as cold, which is anything under 60 degrees. I believe it is supposed to get in to the 40s tonight. So being in the garage is a serious effort for me. But I had a GOAL. And after a day of moving furniture, setting up people's computers and digital phones, then spending 3 hours listening to James (skipping the "sad" songs), I did it. I fucking did it.



Huzzah! My back is killing me, and I have dirt boogers in my nose that a dung beetle would be shit happy to roll. And I'm not even complaining, I'm just stating some facts here about the ordeals I went through just to make this day happen.

FIFTEEN DAYS! That is amazing. I do still need to fill in a few tiny holes here and there, and grout, but the hard work is done. In plenty of time. Now I can concentrate on NaNoWriMo, which I am so incredibly, pathetically behind. Fink-Nottle has hit 25,000. Give him a round of applause. His parents are coming in to town, so I have a chance to catch up while he is entertaining more company (first me, then parents, perfect sabotage).

Ok, I promised to rant about the new federal guidelines on mammograms, but I'm exhausted. I have tomorrow off from work for the silliest reason ever, but it is paid by them (meaning it's not coming from my vacation or sick accruals); so I have time to rant tomorrow. I'm having lunch with a good friend, and then training at 4pm.

I'm hoping the DPS has a little gift ready for me tomorrow. Perhaps I breakfast with The Boy. Should be a good day.

Now, for the worry. My dear Orange Lover is not having a good day. I know I am a total paranoid mother, and it may not be anything, but he has me near tears. This morning he had a very hard time waking up, wasn't interested in food, and took me over 30 minutes of hardcore loving to get him to purr. Usually he purrs just looking at me. The Boy said Orange Lover had a bit of a lethargic day, but seemed ok. However, watching him tonight, he is losing his balance and isn't using his feet when standing, but is kind of sitting on the back of his legs. Hard to explain but it is obviously not right. And as he is sitting in this odd position, his body starts to collapse and his legs start to spread wider as his weight heaves downward. I don't think any of that is a GOOD SIGN. His ears feel warm to me, so I researched cat fevers, but there is nothing about warm ears, but plenty about rectal thermometers. I feel a 19-year-old cat should not be subjected to my clumsy temperature technique.

This may be nothing at all, just a bad day for a senior citizen. But I'm really trying to at least recognize the reality, so I won't be as devastated when IT happens. I can't spend forever in denial. He is so special but I can't force him to stay forever just because I feel like I would die with him. I love you little guy.

No comments: