01 November 2009

An Exhaustive Day 9

Another day of bad allergies. I'm a leaky faucet. I woke up, at some pancakes, then fell asleep on the couch. AFTER BEING UP A WHOLE HOUR. So far I have taken an Allegra and a Zyrtec. I'm about to take a Benadryl. Sleeping through the allergies is preferable to wiping at my nose every 2 seconds. I spent my afternoon chatting it up with Fink-Nottle and writing my first 1,667 words for NaNoWriMo. Fink-Nottle is currently beating me--I only made it to 1609, where as he is at 1709. Fink-Nottle is totally an overachiever. Then I watched some Dexter with The Boy.

While on the couch watching the most moronic show Showtime has ever produced, I got to witness this kind of loving:



That's The Boy's mess in the background. Where there is paper, there is Boy. Later, Whoopis was sleeping on the top of the couch under our freshly hung art:



Then on to the garage to mosaic. Which did not go well--with the wiping of snot from my face every minute with glass dust on my hands. Not good at all. I managed to eek out 2 very agonizing hours. I continued the mix of my favorite songs (there are probably over 300), but don't feel like posting them right now. Too tired.



I cannot go much further than where I am at now. The seahorse has to be made before I can fill in around it. I plan to use my ring saw to help with that endeavor. I haven't used this in probably a year, and I am so excited to use it...tomorrow, excited for tomorrow. There is no way I am going to abuse my body further by using the ring saw today. That sucker gets you wet very quickly and it is a mess of wet glass dust all over your face and body. Instead, tonight I will work on the templates to rubber glue to the glass. The seahorse will be yellow and magnificent. The mosaic will look practically finished when he's on there.

No comments: