23 November 2009

Well, Crap!

I spend a lot of time making fun of stupid people. I admit this freely. To be fair, I need to now acknowledge a very stupid thing I have done. When I read the brochure for the art contest, it had a rule that nothing could be larger than 48", so I hedged on going slightly smaller, not knowing if they would use the art's dimensions or the frame's dimensions. I went for 45" x 12", perfect for my bay window in the kitchen. I thought it would be cool to set a goal for myself that would press me to do something grander, thus harder, and leaving me with something really big and cool at the end.

Then, as you all know, I spent a long time mosaicing. I made something really pretty, and so far I'm quite proud of it. I still have to grout it; maybe that will happen tomorrow afternoon.

I went to the art store today to buy a framing kit; they have really awesome, well-made kits where I can buy single sides in any size. EXCEPT NOT OVER 40". Oh. My. Fucking. Lord. I need 5 more inches people. Now I will have to go the custom-framing route, which won't be cheap. I'm so peeved with myself. Why would I not check this out before fucking deciding on the size? Am I suddenly Twit? Dumbass extreme?

The art doesn't need to be turned in until 6pm 12/3. So I have time to get this done in theory, but have no idea how fast someone can get something together, and how many days shops are going to be closed. ARRRGH.

I'll have to shoot myself if this doesn't come together.

No comments: