02 November 2009

Seahorse #9

I have an official title: Seahorse #9.

After work I went to Office Depot to get some rubber glue. I stood for a good 10 minutes behind a woman who needed to take a break between each item she put on the counter. There was going to be no rushing her. The cashier and another OD worker were talking about their kids on Halloween, and how damn cute they are. Blah blah blah. The lady didn't have her Office Depot card, but they found her with her phone number. Then she spent some serious time looking for her wallet in her small purse. Where it was hiding is beyond me. My problem was I forgot my license and debit card at home (I haven't been pulled over since I was 18, so I wasn't too worried about the license), but luckily had cash on me to pay for the glue. There was some slight worry on my part that they'd card me for buying that much rubber cement.

To use my ring saw, I have to glue a pattern to the glass, and rubber cement is the best temporarily water-proof glue there is. It holds the paper on for the amount of time it takes to cut out the design. Usually by the end the paper gets really wet and starts to move, but with enough rubber cement, I can usually finish.

Here is my mini-tanker of glue:



After 3.5 hours of tedious cutting and gluing, I managed to put 46 pieces of the seahorse together. Day 10 feels so good! I listened to a mix of The Jesus & Mary Chain.




Here is a close-up of the seahorse:




Time to get cracking on NaNoWriMo. I deleted half of what I did yesterday, so I am a little behind. I promised I wouldn't edit as I went along, but I totally lied to myself.

No comments: