08 November 2009

Hooray! San Francisco!

Getting up at 6am was actually awesome, because I knew there was a good reason other than slogging through another day at work. There was a rough patch in getting The Boy out of bed, but I made it to the airport on time, had a great flight since there was like 20 people on board. The seats behind me were empty, the seat next to me was empty, and so were the seats in front of me until some 200lb man left his friend to come flop around in those seats making my laptop jitterbug on the table tray. I arrived to a sunny day in SF, where my friends took me to breakfast (blueberry short stack!). Then there was some fun times at Multikulti, where Frijole and I bought some awesome rings, and I got a very nice wallet with an owl on it. Then a nice brisk walk to the salon, and I finally got a haircut that, as Frijole put it, makes me look like an "adult." I'm warming up to it, but it is a big change. I have short bits of hair around my face, like long bangs. I can't describe it. Basically, the curls have action and movement. This should make some people very happy. The rest of the afternoon was spent walking and talking. Finished with a bar and Mexican food. Someone got a bit drunk, and I may have used a few inflammatory words like, "retard," "douchebag," "Downs Syndrome" (that last only after Frijole used it in an example, and then I turned it against her because I'm crafty like that). Evening finished with a good jolly viewing of this Shane MacGowan DVD I have. He laughs just like one of my cat hisses. I have a feeling we'll be doing a lot of that over the next few days. I may lose my voice, but it will totally be worth it. It is 2:30am my time, which means I have been up 21.5 hours, which is totally ridiculous for me. I can only hope I am able to get off of their loving couch tomorrow morning. Yes, I am completely cheating on my couch. There's is so much more embracing and comforting than mine. I do love my couch for what it is, but this one, even though I only see it once a year or so, totally knows how to treat me right.

Goodnight!

No comments: