25 November 2009

NCIS is the Perfect Crap Television for Writing

There's this blog I like to read occasionally. It's by this charming gay man who totally cracks me up, and I'm sure like a million other people, I want to be his best friend. He needs to hang out at my house, and make funny films of my cats. He has a cat named Winston; I'm sure you have heard of him. He eats carrots! You can find the gentleman's blog here. He follows at lot of the entertainment world, and if you don't want to actually watch America's Next Top Model, you can read what he has to say about the episodes. It is great fun.

Here, I give you Winston (and his friend whose name I can never remember, which makes me a horrible person)!



I called The Boy from work today to tell him my plan for the afternoon, which included going to pick up the frame (and stare in to the dreamy blue eyes of the owner), and he let me prattle on for awhile, and then admitted he had already picked up the frame for me. Isn't he the sweetest person ever? And he totally will not admit that he did it out of fear that I was going to run off with the owner and have a hot love affair amongst all those frames.

Tomorrow I have the whole afternoon free, so I am going to grout the mosaic in the driveway. Then I'm going to frame it and say a few prayers to the chicken gods. I'll hang it in the window for a few days just to test how it is going to do at the museum. I need everyone to cross their fingers for me.

Today at work, Ex-Cop's Lady Lackey (ECLL from here on out) was telling me a story about a friend's cat and how he had long pointed "fingers," and that she had never seen a cat with so many toes. She also swears that this cat had "disposable thumbs." That's right. Just think of the possibilities! She did not say if the thumbs of this cat were actually ever disposed of, and we can only hope that they were not and the cat is still a marvel of nature with its long pointed fingers and disposable thumbs.

Spent my whole evening with a marathon of NCIS running in the background, and I banged out almost 4000 words for NaNoWriMo, getting me up to 35,336. If I write 3000 words every day for the next five days, I will reach my goal. Yet, I've made several plans over the next five days--after all, I am off from work. Tomorrow dinner with The Boy's work friends, Friday shopping in HELL with my dear beautiful Amazonion, Saturday Wikus is coming over (I don't think I have seen him since before San Fran!) to watch movies, and I know he wants to go take pictures of birds at some point (Sunday?), and Monday I have a mammography (which is the perfect reason to take the whole day off--and will provide perfect post fodder).

If you celebrate Thanksgiving, have a good time; if like me, you just look for the free food, I hope you find it!

No comments: