04 November 2009

Butterfly

Spent the whole day offline. Got to hear a room full of men passionately debate their version of a complicated job description. It was actually quite an enlightening six hours. Sadly, I was only able to spit out about 300 words for NaNoWriMo. Since I am so completely filled to the brim with snot, it may not be wise to go and mosaic tonight. I am so far along, that I'm not really worried about my 12/2 deadline. Yet, I did think I would work on it nightly until I left for SF, so I am disappointing my own goals. Guilt. I have so much guilt that there's no need for. Lame.

While out at my meeting, I saw the biggest butterfly I have ever scene. It was the size of my hand. I did not have my fancy camera with me, so had to make do with my little one. Damn thing kept fluttering and floating like a hummingbird, so it wasn't the easiest shot. Yet, I got two half-way descent shots:





It was nice not having to spend the day watching Ex-cop, ECL and Twit plot. Just two more days to go and I get a wonderful 5-day break. I'm beyond excited. Even better, Frijole made a hair appointment for me on Saturday. Here's to hoping I won't spend the rest of the vacation crying.

No comments: