12 November 2009

Sympathies

It seems that it was a bad week for a lot of people. Lots of deaths, in particular, my good friend's cat died. He was 14 years old, and he meant a lot to her on many levels. She lives in Boston, so I can't give her any hugs and buy her many drinks while she tells me tale after tale of her awesome cat. This is the best I can do right here. I know the love between me and my 19-year-old cat is deeper than any human love I have shared. Some of you may totally scoff at that, and think that is really sad, but I don't think so. He has been through everything with me. I have told him all I know, and matted his fur with my tears through all those tumultuous teenage years. I've never had to worry about trust or respect. We are always there for each other. He is my little man. I am so sorry that hers is now gone. I'm so very sorry, friend.

No comments: